Parent Encouragement Program (PEP)
Working with the Executive Director and senior staff, the Associate Director's primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Program Leadership and Management
- Develop and oversee a system for high-quality program execution that includes budgeting, resource management, end-user marketing, evaluation, and data reporting.
- Develop the organization’s annual program and education budget, including IT platforms and program marketing and outreach, and assume responsibility for its administration.
- Review and ensure accuracy of monthly program financial reports and make suggestions for resource allocation shifts during the year if needed.
- Work with partners, clients and PEP staff to develop and document MOUs and project plans and oversee their execution.
- Communicate regularly with clients and partners during the course of a project.
- Write progress reports on grant-funded programs and other programs that require documented results.
- Develop and execute a multi-year plan for program expansion that accounts for staffing and organizational capacity and ensures program quality.
- Manage changes and upgrades to IT platforms and systems as needed to accommodate growth in program delivery.
The Associate Director will be thoroughly committed to PEP’s strategy and mission. All candidates should have demonstrated leadership, program management, relationship management and financial management experience. Other qualifications include:
- At least 10 years of professional experience, including 5 years of nonprofit experience and prior experience in a supervisory, leadership or management role.
- Integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed with a commitment to working collaboratively with diverse groups of people.
- Experience with recruiting, managing, and developing a strong team of staff and program/project managers. This individual will serve as a “player/coach” to motivate and mentor his/her team.
- Superior organizational skills, including financial oversight and planning capability, and ability to troubleshoot, multitask and manage several projects at once.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral.
- Energized by working in a dynamic, growing, fast-paced environment.
- Strong technical, computer and software skills. Direct experience with Salesforce (or a similar database) a plus.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced/MBA degree preferred.
This is a full-time position with the possibility for flexible hours and a hybrid work model. Occasional evenings and weekends required.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary range is $72,000 to $90,000. Benefits include time off for vacation and personal days and federal holidays, health benefits, and mileage reimbursement, along with access to unlimited opportunities to take PEP classes, webinars, and video workshops at no fee. PEP is a family friendly work environment that offers flexibility to working parents and caregivers.
Please send a resume and cover letter with salary expectations, to email@example.com with the subject line: [Your Name] – Associate Director. No phone calls please.
PEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.